To export goods to Russia it is necessary to undergo the customs clearance procedure. The customs clearance procedure is obligatory to all cargoes and goods crossing the border of Russia.
Shipments from Europe to Russia are often associated with difficulties; this is due to the complexity of customs processing, necessity of certification, general bureaucracy and language barriers. This especially regards small companies which could offer a competitive price to the Russian buyer with excellent goods quality and find new possibilities for their business on the Russian market.
Export to Russia involves several specific features which should be taken into account and to which we want to draw your attention:
– To export goods to Russia it is necessary to undergo the customs clearance procedure. The customs clearance procedure is obligatory to all cargoes and goods crossing the border of the Customs Union (countries of the Eurasian Economic Union, or EEU). The customs clearance procedure is strictly consistent and regulated by the standards of the Customs Union Code.
– To undergo customs clearance you need a Declarant. Only a Russian resident, a legal entity or an individual registered as an individual entrepreneur may be the Declarant and declare the goods at their import to Russia. This Declarant may be your buyer in Russia or a licensed representative or an agency referred to as the Customs Broker that will act on behalf of your buyer during the clearance procedure.
– From January 1, 2018 customs clearance in Russia is carried out in most cases only in the electronic form under the electronic-digital signature (EDS) of the Declarant.
– The buyer/importer or the Declarant is always fully responsible for customs clearance, payment of all duties, dues and taxes as well as presentation of all necessary documents for customs registration.
– The customs clearance procedure requires preparation of a package of documents to be prepared with account of the legislation in the sphere of customs clearance.
SOFORO GROUP offers the following services for export to Russia:
– Consulting on all matters of customs clearance
– Development of a foreign trade contract between you and your buyer in Russia
– Translation services
– Certification of your goods and obtaining of the complete package of necessary certificates and declarations for customs clearance and sales
– Development of the logistic solution
– Calculation of customs duties and general export costs
– Insurance of your goods
– Assistance in customs clearance
Our specialists will be always pleased to render assistance and support to you in all matters related to export, customs clearance, certification and logistics.